VIRTUAL: Community Drop In Group | 6-8PM
This event is offered virtually only, online via video conference and by phone. Please register in advance to receive access information.
Connect with and provide mutual support to other parents and caregivers in this monthly group. Navigating the world as a queer/trans*/SOGI minority parent can be complex, and finding a safe space to build community with each other can be challenging, especially with our progress so far amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Join this group with other parents/caregivers in social community where you can be your whole self and talk about what matters to y'all! This Drop-In group will monthly on the 1st Monday.
Monthly on 1st Monday • December 6th, 2021 • 6:00 - 8:00 PM(PST)
Taking place virtually via secure Zoom phone and video conference
Please register using the link above, and we'll contact you with the secure telehealth conference call phone number and video link URL. To be sure to allow us enough time to get back to you with the contact information, please register as early as possible; remember also to check your spam folder if you've not received access info. Our video and audio conferencing are HIPAA-compliant and preserve the security and confidentiality of all our participants to the highest standards possible. [Further information about Zoom meeting HIPAA compliance here.]
A FEW IMPORTANT NOTES:
A Zoom link will be sent out the morning of the event for those joining online.
For questions regarding this event, please contact Family Programs Director, Shareena Clark Ascher (they/them) at email@example.com.
Programs director, Shareena Clark Ascher (them/them) will be facilitating this event.
COVID-19 SAFETY GUIDELINES:
- Anyone entering OFC must be fully vaccinated. A personal attestation must be signed at the front desk indicating that anyone entering the space is fully vaccinated, does not have any symptoms, and has not been in contact with anyone with COVID.
- Maximum of 3 families in person at a time at our indoor events.
- All OFC staff, volunteers, interns, and guests are required to be masked, check their temperature and sanitize their hands upon entering the office.
- All staff are required to wipe down their desks and phones before and after use on a daily basis using the sanitation wipes.
- Windows must be opened to allow ventilation and air vents should be turned on.
- Six-feet distancing should be maintained at all times when inside.
- When children are present in the child care area or in the main office, all children must remain masked. Their hands should be wiped with sanitation wipes upon entry into the space and frequently during their stay within the space, and once again before leaving the space.
For any further questions or concerns about OFC's COVID SAFETY PLAN, please call 415-981-1960.
Please contact Family Programs Coordinator, Shareena Clark Ascher, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are committed to ensuring our programs are accessible to all families. When you're registering, please let us know of any accommodations that would help your family participate to the fullest (e.g. ASL interpreter, translated materials, childcare providers experienced with kids with disabilities, large print materials, gluten-free food options, etc.). If registering within 48 hours of the event, please call 415-981-1960 to ensure our receipt of your request. This event – including refreshments and childcare, as applicable – is offered free for all attendees. As you are able, please help us continue offering these resources to all who need them, by making a financial donation to OFC.