SF Pride Family Garden 2019 • 11am - 4pm
After marching in OFC's family contingent in the Pride Parade, come enjoy a kid-friendly, kid-centric family haven in the center of the Civic Center Pride celebration hubbub. The Family Garden offers arts, crafts, face painting, a cool play structure, a family-filled oasis, and MORE (fun new activities this year!) within the huge Pride party. Look for the Family Garden directly opposite the Asian Art Museum at McAllister & Larkin.
ENTRY INTO THE PRIDE CELEBRATION:
1) Anyone entering the Celebration will be subject to screening. The following items are prohibited:
• any bag or container over 18" x 18"
• coolers glass bottles
• illegal drugs or substances
• hazardous or toxic materials
• firearms, fireworks, explosives
• knives, impact or electric pulse weapons
• stunning devices
• radios, walkie-talkies, jammers, scanners
• portable speakers
• any item deemed inappropriate or hazardous by law enforcement or security
2) Everyone will be asked to donate $1 at the gate. Proceeds go to San Francisco Pride which is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
3) It is strongly recommended that you take advantage of the Bay Area's public transportation system on this day. Use the Civic Center BART/Muni stop to access the celebration. Bicycle valet is also available at McAllister and Hyde.
4) Free childcare is typically provided at Bill Graham Auditorium by San Francisco Pride for this event. More information will be available at the SF Pride Information Booth.
5) New! Boys & Girls Club Don Fisher Clubhouse will be open to kids, youth and families from 12pm-4pm on Sunday June 30th. Enjoy board and table games, tumbling and gymnasium activities, a dance room, karaoke, swimming, a quiet movie space, and a private space for nursing.This is a safe place for unaccompanied children and youth. The Don Fisher Clubhouse is two blocks from Civic Center, located at 380 Fulton St, San Francisco.
1) Please keep in mind that this is an alcohol-free, drug-free and smoke-free family zone.
2) Kids must be accompanied by an adult at all times while inside OFC's Family Garden.
3) Adults without children present will be denied entry to the garden, so please plan to meet any adult family members or friends arriving separately at the entrance to the garden.
We strive to make our programs accessible to all families. Please register for accommodations that would help your family participate to the fullest (e.g. Language interpreter, translated materials, childcare providers experienced with kids with disabilities, large print materials, gluten-free food options, etc.). If registering within 48 hours of the event, please call 415-981-1960 to ensure receipt of your request. This event is free for all attendees. Please consider making a financial donation to Our Family Coalition.