VIRTUAL: Pride INSIDE Live Centering Meditation • 9:00AM - 9:30AM
This workshop is meeting virtually during shelter-in-place, as part of our Coronavirus response.
Please register in advance to receive secure Zoom Telehealth phone and video conference access information.
Join us for a half hour of live meditation led by Pam Dunn to ground ourselves in LGBTQ+ movement past and present as well as center ourselves before beginning Pride weekend activities!
About Pam: Pam has over a decade of mindfulness practice and broad experience teaching emotional intelligence to children and adolescents, as well as training thousands of adults. Dunn is a social justice advocate and trainer in the Family Childcare Training Project, a project that provides licensed Family Daycare Providers with peer-support facilitation, childcare business administration and computer technology training. She is also a facilitator for Challenge Day, a non-profit organization providing social-emotional learning workshops.
If you really knew me, you would know…
- I am a bicultural African American woman who grew up spanning the divide between the community and family I was born into and the predominantly white community where I lived.
- I was 17 years old when I realized that my primary attraction was to other women and I had to move away from home to learn that it meant I was a lesbian.
- Becoming a Challenge Day Leader was a gift to me from the Divine.
- I have been learning Congolese drumming for the past 3 years, and still feel like I am brand new to the voice that the drum calls out of me.
- I always felt "called" to perform, either on the stage, in film or from the pulpit.
- I have never been further away from this continent than Alaska and Hawaii and just got my first passport!
Sunday, June 28, 2020 • 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Taking place virtually via secure Zoom phone and video conference.
Register using the link above, and we'll contact you with the secure telehealth conference call phone number and video link URL. To be sure to allow us enough time to get back to you with the contact information, please register as early as possible. Our Zoom video and audio conferencing are HIPAA-compliant and preserve the security and confidentiality of all our participants to the highest standards possible. [Further information about Zoom meeting HIPAA compliance here.]
Please contact East Bay Family Programs Associate Rose Crespo, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
We strive to make our programs accessible to all families. Please register for accommodations that would help your family participate to the fullest (e.g. ASL interpreter, translated materials, childcare providers experienced with kids with disabilities, large print materials, gluten-free food options, etc.). If registering within 48 hours of the event, please call 415-981-1960 to ensure receipt of your request. This event is free for all event attendees. Please consider making a financial donation to Our Family Coalition.